Drupal Commerce at DrupalCon Denver
DrupalCon Denver will be the first major DrupalCon to offer a Commerce track in addition to a full day of Drupal Commerce training before the conference. While it's a modest start at 5 sessions spread throughout the entire 3 day session schedule, it's an important step toward raising the profile of e-commerce on Drupal.
The Commerce sessions accepted include:
- Drupal Commerce by Ryan Szrama - the big picture overview and functional demonstration of Drupal Commerce.
- Drupal Commerce Contrib Overview by Pedro Cambra - a trip through all the major contributed Drupal Commerce modules and their current state of development.
- PCI: A Four Letter Word of E-commerce by Matt Kleve - an explanation of the payment card industry's security standards and requirements for e-commerce sites.
- Recurring Billing is hard, is hard, is hard... by Joe Shindelar - a discussion of the strategies and pitfalls for recurring billing on an e-commerce site.
- Accepting Payments Online: A Building Block Approach by Allie Micka - a discussion of the vocabulary and processes involved in accepting payments online.
If you haven't attended a DrupalCon in the past, it's the premier Drupal event in the U.S. drawing upwards of 4,000 attendees. While there are only a handful of sessions dealing directly with Drupal Commerce or e-commerce topics, the variety of sessions presented at the conference will more than likely apply to your process of building a complete Drupal based website. Sessions pertaining to Views, Rules, Git, and other contributed modules and contribution processes are sure to help you.
We look forward to seeing you there!