Complex web shop and its requirements
Dear Drupal Commerce community,
I’d like to set up a web shop and I’ve made a list of requirements the web shop’s software needs to meet. I’m an experienced Drupal admin and developer, so I’m able to make some adjustments to Drupal Commerce to meet my needs. Naturally however, I would prefer to use the means provided by Drupal Commerce instead of coding my own solutions whenever possible. I’d like to show you my list of requirements and I’d be glad if you would point out which of these can be met by means provided by Drupal Commerce. If a requirement can’t be met out-of-the-box, then I’d be glad if you would tell me your thoughts about how it could be done.
The basic idea of the web shop is that it’s a part of three independent systems:
- The web shop, at which customers can get info about products (subscriptions to services actually), add them to their shopping cart and pay for them.
- A service system, which provides the services the customers have bought a subscription to.
- A billing system which handles the payment queries send by the web shop and replies to the web shop with either a positive or negative (justified) feedback.
- The web shop is supposed to sell services as products, or rather subscriptions to services to be specific.
- The web shop should show the customer a list of products and for each product a page with detailed info about this product.
- There must be a “shopping cart” to which the customer is able to add products to.
- The web shop must accept credit card payment.
- The web shop must accept invoice payment.
- The web shop must push the payment data to the billing system (the billing system I have to use is somewhat uncommon. Basically the web shop must push the data and will receive either a positive or negative feedback from the billing system).
- The web shop must store the relevant data about a customer’s active subscriptions in its database, so that the service system can pull this data from the web shop’s database to handle access to its provided services.
- The complete purchase history of a customer must be saved.
- There must be a site at the web shop where the customer can view a list of the customer’s active subscriptions, including the remaining time until the subscription ends.
- The web shop should save the user’s favorite payment method and details.
- There should be a way to grant customers discounts on certain products if certain conditions are met, e.g. if the customer chooses product a, b and c, he gets a discount of 10% to the final price.
- The web shop must be fully capable of being integrated into a Drupal 7 website.
- The web shop must be compatible with the use of https.
- The web shop must be able to apply taxes to the products a customer likes to purchase. These taxes however must be calculated basing on several factors (customer’s country of origin, type of product, etc.).
The last thing I'd like to add is rather a bonus than an actual requirement: Is there a way to get a certified version of Drupal Commerce, meaning that Drupal Commerce was tested and certified to meet certain security and reliability standards? I would be willing to pay for a “premium version” of Drupal Commerce which includes such a certificate / guarantee.